The almost 40-member Destin United Methodist Women (DUMW) are popular—known for their giant bake sales (did you say Chocolate?) and exquisite jewelry designs. This year’s annual Fall Flair will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11...
Chris showed up to the Mattie Kelly Arts Center (MKAC) with a gleam in his eye. It was his second time to train as an usher for a ballet recital, and he already knew what to do. “I got my jacket. I need a nametag. I’m ready!” said the 15-year-old...
Pickos Ski School, located at 105 Jump Street, announced in December 2019 that they would be the official host for the 2020 International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (IWWF) World Junior Waterski Championships. Due to COVID-19, the original competition date was rescheduled to August 22-29, 2021. The IWWF World Junior Waterski...
Save the Date for the Baytowne Beer Fest! Friday, Oct. 8 - Saturday, Oct. 9 Tickets on sale now! Time to roll out the barrel and discover unique suds and ales! The Village of Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin presents the 13th Annual Baytowne Wharf Beer Fest on October 8-9, 2021. American specialty...

The Man in the Arena

By Lori Leath Smith “This was a righteous fight—a fight for truth. There’s God and truth. I couldn’t have faced this without God and the truth.” When local resident and retired Navy SEAL Chief, Eddie Gallagher, was suddenly arrested on September 11, 2018, at the medical facility where he was receiving...
Welcome back to a much-anticipated new school year in Okaloosa County! One of the greatest advantages of being in education is that we have the opportunity to reflect on the previous year and make improvements and changes in the new one. We learned a lot about what we are...
By David White The creative genius that is the combination of Kristi Rockwell and Cameron Tharp have come a long way from the Hawaiian Island of Maui, where they met by chance more than a dozen years ago. Cameron, a rather unassuming man, was working as an international business consultant,...
Thank you! You’ve continued to embrace Destin Life as your own, providing us the opportunity to represent the Destin community as a platform—your community voice. Naturally we want to celebrate the success of telling your stories about people, businesses and organizations in our community! Little did we know when...
By Rita L. Sherwood We all love living in Destin, as it’s a special place because of the gorgeous turquoise waters of the Gulf and the stunning sugar sand white beaches. But what do we as locals do to keep the water and our beaches clean and free of trash? Alex...
By JoDell Haverfield, Have Travel Memories This month, as we remember those who served our country, I want to tell you about the South’s hold on my heart. After all, I am a Southern Bell. I have two great, great grandfathers who fought on opposite sides in five battles of...

Please "Like Us" on Facebook

1,794FansLike