By Doug Stauffer “You don’t lose until you quit trying!” is an oft-repeated quote from Sammy Davis. You might recognize that name, but this Sammy is not an entertainer, he’s a Vietnam War American hero. I love to meet inspiring people, but there is always more to the story. These two...
By Patricia Lee, Destinites Most of you will see this paper before Nov. 8, so I want to remind you to get out and vote for mayor, Rodney Braden or Bobby Wagner. Their campaign speech videos are on the home page of Destinites.com or in our private locals Facebook group...
Jewelry Passion for Your Purpose! Beyond Measure Jewelers Do you love diamonds? You have come to the right place! Specializing in diamond, gemstone and precious metal jewelry pieces, the Beyond Measure Jewelers’ showroom in their new location at The Market Shops, is full of diamond and gemstone bracelets, rings, necklaces and...

Letter To The Editor

It is a great honor to serve Destin as your new Postmaster. In my years with the United States Postal Service, I have seen firsthand the role the Postal Service plays connecting neighbors and our community to the nation. Our Post Offices serve as a lifeline for our small...
Tickets for the eighth annual Emerald Coast Classic college basketball tournament, presented by Global Sports, are on sale at the official tournament website www.emeraldcoastclassic.com. Tickets start at $20 per session with each session having two games. The Emerald Coast Classic will be played Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 25-26 at The Arena...
By Kate McDougall-Mason The Taylor Haugen Foundation was able to outfit the new Destin High School football team with Evoshield products through the Youth Empowerment and Support Services (YESS) program. Thirty athletes were custom fitted with protective gear that transforms from soft gels to a hard protective shell within minutes. Because of...
The Okaloosa County School District is one of 38 school systems in the world to be named a Cognia System of Distinction for 2022, according to the organization’s recently-issued press release. During the 2021-2022 school year, Cognia conducted approximately 1,500 school engagement reviews for accreditation. This year, 96 schools and...
By Angie Toole More than 300 flags are on display at the Mullet Festival Fairgrounds, honoring those who gave their lives in the service of their country. The ninth annual Field of Valor, set up by the Niceville Exchange Club, recognizes those service members from the state of Florida who have...
Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport has a New Concourse! A recent ribbon-cutting ceremony, hosted by Okaloosa County, Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport and Allegiant Air, highlighted a new $11.4 million concourse, Allegiant having contributed to the bulk of concourse construction costs. Located on the west side of the airport’s main terminal, the...
By Sylvia Vazquez This great Woman’s Club was formed in 1976 by a small group of women who saw a “need” in Destin that required help. Formerly named the Lakeshore Woman’s Club but as its membership grew, these women realized they needed to be better identified within the Destin Community...