57.1 F
Destin, US
Thursday, December 13, 2018
Team work makes the dream work at Ava’s Furniture and Design. “It takes the entire team at Ava’s Furniture and Design to complete the job,” says both mother and daughter, co-owners. Ava’s began its story 10 years ago when mother Susan and her daughter Courtney, a team of two,...
By Victoria Ostrosky “Hurricane Michael made landfall as an unprecedented high-end Category 4 Hurricane for the Florida Panhandle region with maximum sustained wind speed of 155 mph and a minimum pressure 919 mb. The storm caused catastrophic damage from wind and storm surge, particularly in the Panama City Beach to...
••••• 1 ••••• Baytowne on Ice | Open Daily all month long | Baytowne Wharf ••••• 3 ••••• 20th Annual Pin Fish Classic | 8:30am-9:45am | City of Destin Parks & Rec Famers Market | 9am-1pm | Grand Boulevard Wellstock: A Wellness & Self Love Festival | 11am-6pm | Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation Blues, Brews,...

A Heart of Thankfulness

By Lori Leath Smith One of my very best friends sent me the following words: Replacing “I’m Sorry” with “Thank You:” I’m sorry I’m late. " Thank you for waiting on me. I’m sorry I’ve been so needy lately. " Thank you for being there for me. I’m sorry to ask you for another...
By Steve Kotowske Some dogs are picky eaters, or sometimes they just don’t seem to prefer eating when you are around. These can be signs of more serious behavior issues like lack of respect for leadership or even impulsiveness. Even worse, maybe your dog shows aggression around the food bowl....

Trees on the Coast

In October, Destin Life joined roughly 70 attendees, survivor families and Destin leaders for a Trees on the Coast Dedication Ceremony to honor 11 servicemen who tragically gave their lives in a Blackhawk helicopter accident that had taken off from the Destin Airport. FL. Rep. Mel Ponder, City of...

Letter From the Mayor

Dear Citizens, Well, our community was recently enjoying a prosperous fall shoulder season when we were interrupted by an event called Hurricane Michael! We went from hosting a large number of out-of-town Fall Break visitors to preparation for impact of a major hurricane that had us in its sights. As...
By Esther Lynn Hemphill “Three things will last forever — faith, hope, and love — and the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13 NLT When disaster hits, there’s an immediate and innate response for us to jump in and to start helping. As quickly as we could get the...
Enjoy a blast from the past to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Emerald Coast with the 5th Annual Stake & Burger Dinner on Nov. 8 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at the Hilton Sandestin, featuring keynote speaker Hulk Hogan. A 12-time world...
A band of “brothers” in my neighborhood are my “Hometown Heroes.” They’ve relentlessly traveled to the other side of Panama City, chainsaws, gas, food, and tools in hand, day in and day out letting us know of needs and then delivering them back, helping in whatever way possible. The...

STAY CONNECTED

490FansLike